Jean Plaidy has done a great job of bringing Marie Antoinette to life, along Flaunting, Extravagant Queen. Jean Plaidy.
At the age of fifteen, Marie Antoinette, beautiful and charming bride to the impotent Dauphin, is plunged into the intrigue of Versailles. Frivolous and reckless, she flouts the strict and demanding etiquette of the glittering court, and discovers the true nature of love, hate and jealousy.
- Forgiveness Brings Healing & Miracles.
- Louis XIV to French Revolution - suggestions? - Historical Fiction Online.
- The Book of Isaiah, Chapters 40–66 (The New International Commentary on the Old Testament).
- More than a Meal: The Turkey in History, Myth, Ritual, and Reality: The Turkey in History, Myth, Ritual and Reality?
- Flaunting, Extravagant Queen: (French Revolution) by Jean Plaidy PDF Book - Mediafile Sharing?
- Shop by category.
- Disciples on the Way?
Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction. I'm not writing about it at the moment though and would like to catch up on what I've missed! Below are some of books I'm planning on reading but other suggestions, including French language novels, are very welcome.
Flaunting, Extravagant Queen: (French Revolution) by Jean Plaidy
I've already read the ones in bold. From what I've been told Knights was written first and then was commissioned to write the other five as a series.
Interesting is that the characters in the first five are not present in the last Royalty being the exception of course. Joseph Balsamo's character was quite a lot of fun and there really was someone by that name and quite mysterious. I've posted reviews of these on Amazon and at Goodreads if you're interested in more detail.
- Shop by category!
- Surface Transportation Reauthorization in the 112th Congress: Summary and Sources.
- Open Theism: Making God Like Us. The Areopagus Journal of the Apologetics Resource Center. Volume 4, Number 1..
At home with a good book and the cat I didn't realise this was a series, thank you. I'll see if I can get hold of the first one.
- THE PARADIGM DIET?
- (French Revolution)?
- Historical Fiction Online?
- Riding Lucifers Line: Ranger Deaths along the Texas-Mexico Border (Frances B. Vick Series).